Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coyote X Ugly

Has anyone had any luck building the Coyote X from MPC? I went through a period where I was building cars from my favorite shows. I got lucky (or so I thought) and found a Coyote from the show Hardcastle and McCormick. The darn thing won't go together no matter how much pleading I do. AMT/ERTL released a similar model some years ago. Is it a better kit than the MPC version?

Wasn't the Coyote kit created from the remnants of another kit in MPC's inventory? I seem to recall reading some not so flattering reviews and comments regarding this kit, but the details escape me.

Here's a build thread on another forum which may be of some help. The buidler appears to have encountered a few fit issues of his/her own: http://z12.invisionf...topic=7637&st=0

Edited by Casey

Wasn't the Coyote kit created from the remnants of another kit in MPC's inventory? I seem to recall reading some not so flattering reviews and comments regarding this kit, but the details escape me.

Here's a build thread on another forum which may be of some help. The buidler appears to have encountered a few fit issues of his/her own: http://z12.invisionf...topic=7637&st=0

There are a handful of Ford GT-40 parts in the kit (the engine is a Ford FE), I'm not sure what they based it from. I've never built it, but I've had a few of the kits- most of what's in the box has a kind of 'patched together' look. The parts I did use went together well, but I couldn't say how well the entire kit builds.