Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tamiya paint

Does anyone know the story with the Tamiya spray paint, in particular, the TS line? My local hobby store has not received any new Tamiya spray paint in over four months. I really love their TS-29 semi-gloss black. It is perfect for interiors. Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can purchase Tamiya TS-29? Do they even make it anymore? I already checked ebay.

Where do you think Tamiiya USA is located? Also some of the biggest ports are in CA. It's the shortest distance for them to ship their products. All the stuff they're being nailed on is mainly for the labelling on their paint cans. All paint manufacturers go through this about every 5 to 6 years if my memory is correct.

Why don't they just put a sticker on?

I have some model master metaliser sealant which has a sticker proclaiming that it contains substances that have been deemed by the state of california to be carcenogenic. As i'm using it in the State of Victoria I figure i'm OK.

It is nice though, just for once, to be able to feel smug because I can just go to the store and pick some up. Doesn't happen often in this hobby!. :lol:

They have one on, but Cali changed the law somewhat to make the verbage of the warning different, so Tamiya has to now change the label to compensate. At least this is what I got out of them a few months ago when I called Tamiya.