Model Cars Magazine Forum

KS Pittman's 1941 Willys Drag Coupe

TheCat

Very well done.

One thing that bugs me about that Revell kit is the front wheels/tires. For some reason after getting aboutevery detail correct in the rest of the kit, they made the front wheels and tires way too wide. Go figure.

B)

Your build is "spot-on!!" Felix!

A beautiful model!!

I like your detailing touches.

Are those the kit decals or Slixx?

I really like the WILLYS kits!

One of my all time favorite builds, does not matter which kit, coupe, pick up or van, '33 or '41, love them all!

Thank You for sharing

Later

Russ

;)

Edited by rustybill1960

I agree with the size of the front tires. Substituting the tires with the original Revell 41 Willys tires might not fit either as they are just a little small. I good substitute might be the front funny car tires on the Revell Funny car kits. Felix, what did you use for your parachute cord?

Jim

B)

Your build is "spot-on!!" Felix!

A beautiful model!!

I like your detailing touches.

Are those the kit decals or Slixx?

I really like the WILLYS kits!

One of my all time favorite builds, does not matter which kit, coupe, pick up or van, '33 or '41, love them all!

Thank You for sharing

Later

Russ

;)

The decals comes in the kit. They give you 3 versions to choice from. They are great decals and they go on smoothly. I like this kit so much that I bought another one. So, there's another Willy's build in the future.

I agree with the size of the front tires. Substituting the tires with the original Revell 41 Willys tires might not fit either as they are just a little small. I good substitute might be the front funny car tires on the Revell Funny car kits. Felix, what did you use for your parachute cord?

Jim

Hi Jim - I used thin copper wires and hand painted them.

Great looking build. I'm almost finished with this one. You have any issues with the front windshield fitting properly??

Thank you very much... No major issue with the front windshied... it went on a little bit snuggly, but no issues.