Model Cars Magazine Forum

Defective Revell parts response?

I purchased a Revell Snap Pete 359 and some of the chrome is blemished real bad.....I filled out the form for defective replacement parts and got a reference number,that was a week ago and have not heard if it was going to be shipped or denied.....has anybody here ordered from Revell and received a response or does Revell just send the part(s) without notifying you if they are going to replace it or not??

Its not a real big issue,I never had to do a parts claim,worse come to worse,I can always Spazstix the parts...thanks for any advice or comments in advance.......

Hey thanks for the replies,just wondering what their process was,I will just sit back and wait to see it the come or not,and like I said notta big deal if not,just Alclad or Spazstix it then cuz heck its just a Peterbilt...be different if it was a Kenny ;)

I built this kit for a friend and the tires were out of whack, some people told me that it's some sort of imperfection on all these types of kits from Revell. I tried having them replaced by Revell and they responded....3 months later. I think it was because it's a Revell of Germany kit?

McLarenproject012-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

McLarenproject2016-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

I must admit that I also messed up one of the decals from the kit and they sent me a whole decal sheet!! :rolleyes: