Model Cars Magazine Forum

71 Cuda, all aluminum hemi

vintagedragfan

Sheer amazement every time I see an update, a real work of art.

thanks so much Jonathan

Mighty purdy, Bill.

The steering rack looks fantastic with the extra details added. How did you end up building the dust boots?

hey Alyn, turned a piece on the lathe the shape of the boot and dipped it in liquid electrical tape, they are real rubber boots, I will add clamps once the tie rods are in it, thanks buddy

incredible work Bill

thanks Brett appreciate you checkin in

Great work Bill.... These last set of pics... just does it for me... I Love how nice and neat everything is even though you've got that BIG HOG... lol stuffed in there.... power steering lines are just another head shot... I like how you did the rack boots...

Edited by tyrone

That is just incredible.

thank you Dennis

1928055-10_7_6.gif

hey John, how the heck do you do that lol ?? thanks for checkin on it

Wow, just simply wow... :wub::wub::wub::wub:

thanks Mike

BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH...this thing is looking like you should be able to put gas in the tank, turn the key, and let the Borrowers take it for a spin.

sure wish I could Scott! thanks

Great work Bill.... These last set of pics... just does it for me... I Love how nice and neat everything is even though you've got that BIG HOG... lol stuffed in there.... power steering lines are just another head shot... I like how you did the rack boots...

appreciate it Tyrone, glad you like it bro

Beautiful work !!

thanks so much Hollywood

got some more work done to the steering set up, these are the inner tie rods and dust boots

IMG_1566-vi.jpgIMG_1568-vi.jpg<<<<< here they are assembled, with 360 deg movement, they need to move up and down for the suspension and front to rear for the arc when the wheels are turned

IMG_1570-vi.jpg mocked upIMG_1569-vi.jpg

Edited by vintagedragfan

here are the outer tie rods, I used the same method I used for the ball joints only smaller, they all so have complete movement IMG_1571-vi.jpgIMG_1572-vi.jpg<<<< with aluminum caps with a grease zerk and a couple jamb nuts

all mocked up fully functioning IMG_1573-vi.jpgIMG_1574-vi.jpgIMG_1576-vi.jpg

needs a little fine tuning at final assy. but it seems to work pretty good somehow, thanks for looking!

Edited by vintagedragfan

1/25th. scale Zerk fittings........ I don't think I've ever had that thought in my mind. Ever. I mean, in my totall recall of anything I've ever read, said, or thought of, I can say with all honesty I've never experienced those numerals and characers stringed together to form those words:

1/25th. scale Zerk fittings.......wow.