Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chip King`s: "Shark Mouth" Daytona Pro Mod -new project 8/3/12

Another masterpiece John! Just stunning detail work.

I don't know if you mentioned it, but what do you use for primer and are you polishing it before laying paint? It's got a sheen to it and looks to be pretty darn smooth!

Ryan.........it is PPG 3 part epoxy primer.........it has a finished sheen........but,I sand it down before I lay the color down......thanks.

John... the paint is looking killer so far man. I love your paint work. its off the charts. do you spray your stuff indoors/outdoors or a mini spray booth?? looking forward to the next stage of the painting progress.

Chris......I am a backyard builder......I have a 8x12 Home Depot shed that I bought and built......I build and do all my painting inside the shed.......thanks.

Chris......I am a backyard builder......I have a 8x12 Home Depot shed that I bought and built......I build and do all my painting inside the shed.......thanks.

John you have to be the best back yard builder I know ;)... i wasnt sure if you were using a booth or not since I saw no dust in that paint. Its flawless, but spraying inside the shed would also help. I typically spray on the side of my house right outside the garage in m back yard. Keep up the great work.