Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chip King`s: "Shark Mouth" Daytona Pro Mod -new project 8/3/12

Outstanding John... looks beautiful.... ok so you started with a silver base. then did the black lines. what coclor was used for the next pattern. not sure if another shade of silver or custom mix you came up with. I love it Bud!! you keep amazing me.

Outstanding John... looks beautiful.... ok so you started with a silver base. then did the black lines. what coclor was used for the next pattern. not sure if another shade of silver or custom mix you came up with. I love it Bud!! you keep amazing me.

Chris....custom mix of H.O.K. white with a few drops of H.O.K. true blue pearl......thanks.

killer work John!, its gonna look so cool when you throw some clear on it! very nice bro! are you planning on painting the shark mouth or use decals!

Bill.....Dave Ryberg AKA "Goat Guy" here on the forum did the art work for the shark mouth......and Ark Laski is going to print them out for me.......I should have them next week sometime......thanks.

Hello......thank you all for the kind comments.......I got the third stage rear-end of the car painted.......I fogged in H.O.K. purple kandy......then I fogged in a custom mix of Dupont dark purple with pearl added .......then I misted a coat of H.O.K. cobalt blue kandy.......now I need to paint the black stripe and wing at the rear-end, apply the decals and do the rivets......thanks for looking.

DSCF4425_zps4a0bc66d.jpg

DSCF4430_zps16c2de14.jpg

DSCF4423_zps608a0266.jpg

DSCF4422_zps97017c48.jpg

DSCF4427_zpse0575e38.jpg

Hi John, been a silent observer for a while on this build of yours, nothing more can be said that hasn't already praising this build, can I trouble you to ask what brand of airbrush you use please, the fine detail in your painting just blows me away.

Hi David.......I use a Paasche single action.....it comes with 3 tips and needles......and is so easy to use and clean........and you can buy them new for around $60.00.........I have bought 2 and $300.00 airbrushes and I don`t even use them.....I get the same results as a expensive one.......I have learned that if you have the right paint mixture,air pressure and weather.......you can have excellent results.......hope you get one......if you need any help let me know.......thanks.