For Donn Yost and John Teresi

9 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Thank you both for all the inspiration, and I will let this one speak for itself.

Posted · Report post

RK has some nice cars, but they also have their share of "drivers" that are not like the Willy's pictured above.

It does provide some inspiration for Donn.........are you out there??????/////

Posted · Report post

Order one up DR.

Posted · Report post

Beautiful car to be sure but I think I would like it more without the side graphics. To me they just don't fit the shape of the car. Maybe it's just me.

Posted · Report post

Interesting part of the video - there's been a lot of debate about the pronunciation of "Willys," and I see the video narrator (who should know what he's talking about) goes with "Will-eez," while I grew up hearing it "Willis."

A check with Wikipedia reveals: "Willys (correctly pronounced "Will-is", but almost universally as "Will-eez")..." I guess tradition determines correct usage.

Posted · Report post

Is it just me or does the orange on the doors seem a little bit darker than the rest of the car?

Posted · Report post

Interesting part of the video - there's been a lot of debate about the pronunciation of "Willys," and I see the video narrator (who should know what he's talking about) goes with "Will-eez," while I grew up hearing it "Willis."

A check with Wikipedia reveals: "Willys (correctly pronounced "Will-is", but almost universally as "Will-eez")..." I guess tradition determines correct usage.

Tradition is wrong in this case. The man's name is pronounced "willis." As in "Whatchoo talkin' bout, Willis?"

Posted · Report post

WhatYouTalkinBoutWillis.jpg

Posted · Report post

Gorgeous car. Thanks for sharing. I had to watch it more than once.