Model Cars Magazine Forum

Lamborghini Countach LP500

Mauricio Meyer

Brilliant. This thing is so clean that I had to look twice to appreciate the quality of the finish and detail, it is so subtle and well finished. As said above, the engine wiring and panel lines put this over the top. Nice to see an early Countach too.

nice build of A classic kit,. may aunt got me the model as a kid. me and my friend decided to put weights in the front end and duck tapped a model rocket to it in a tennis court. thing went like stink . till the front wheel came off i still most of it I think. even with the burn marks

Nice build. I noticed that the rear pannell has a Canada flag on it, but the plates are most certinly not from Canada. Do you have any background as to why that is?

Hi Steve,

The tamiya model was intended to be a version of the Walter Wolf's countach (founder and owner of Walter Wolf Racing, a formula 1 team). The original model should have more decals with the Walter Wolf and maple leave logo but i didn't like to much. Also, the original car had rear spoiler but i cutted it. Only 3 Walter Wolf Countach were made (one red, one blue, one navy blue) and were made by Walter request, the cars had some improvements from the serial car.

I didn't intend to make this exact version, i wanted a regular Countach without rear sopiler and I just put this small decal because i think it would look good.

Edited by Mauricio Meyer

I had wondered if there was a Walter Wolf connection, but thought that i would ask since your build didn't look like a Wolf Lambo. Thanks for the clarificaiton. I had read that the 3 Countach that you had mentioned were factory build by Wolfs request for his personal use and that he dabled in 3rd party tunning of Countachs as a side business without factory support.

I must admit that I don't know much about Walter Wolf other than he was an Austrian who immigrated to Canada, made some money as a business man, started a sucessful F1 team, and then movved back to Austria. His story is interesting to me because I'm a Canadian working for a successful Ausatria company.

To get back on track, congrats again on a very fine, clean buid.

Steve

• 3 years later...