Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Exhaust pipes

11 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

I see a lot of people on here use aluminum tubing for straight pipes, but where do you get it from? I tried the local hobby lobby Micheal's and Hobby town, they had no idea on where to get some from. Can I get it from like a Lowes or Depot? And if so what dept is it in, Thanks.

Posted · Report post

The aluminum tube that I used I got from my local hobb shop. It's made by K&S Precision Metals specifically for model building. Here's their Website: http://ksmetals.com/ You "might" be able to find something useable at Home Depot or Lowe's, but I seriously doub't it.

Good luck.

Posted · Report post

Thanks guys

Posted · Report post

Try your local Ace Hardware store, too.

Posted · Report post

hey Snoop..try Hobby Linc...and also get you a lighter or candle and add a little smoke on the tips..then spray tips with dul-cote to seal smoke..

Posted · Report post

Ask at you local Hobby Shop (Not the Chains) if they carry Walther's Model Railroading products.

If so, They Can get the tubing. Ask for a Copy of one of the Current Walther's Catalog.

I use to get the HO scael one all the time. It includes Plastruct, Evergreen, K&S, and MANY

other Scratchbuilding & Detailing parts & supplies.

The "Large O, #1, G) Scale" catalog will even include 1/24 scale items.

Posted · Report post

A drinking straw works,, the ones that bend,,makes good flex pipe,, just my 2 cent worth

Posted · Report post

Nice tip on the smoke look. I will have to try that.

Posted · Report post

I used radio antenna. You can buy it in radio suplies shop or shop with radio part. One costs about 3 eur. Also good for hydraulic systems. This antennas are like in chrome original. I mean highly polished...

Posted · Report post

Thanks for all the reply's I hope to come home with something tomorrow, or I just order off the net. David I am going to try the candle trick especially on some working truck models.