Model Cars Magazine Forum

Renault 16...

Brizio

What about making molds from the existing pieces and casting replacements out of clear acrylic? Are they close enough in shape that they could be flipped from one side to the other if you cast duplicates?

What I did. Both the tail light and parking light works either way R/L. :)

• 10 months later...

How many people remember the Renault TV Ads? It a very cool kit that I keep lusting over. It's too bad it's 1/20 Scale. One consolation is, about 25 years ago, I bought and built a UNION, 1964 Renault 8 Gordini Rallye 1/24 Scale. I'll admit I wasn't happy with the Vinyl Interior parts and the Tires. The tires were the worst parts of the kit. I think I actually threw them in the Trash. I found some old but similar items in one of my Spares Bins and they fit perfectly.

Why is it that a lot of the really cool models like this Renault, the Wallace and Gromit, Austin A30 Van, Motorcycle, Plane, the Shaun the Sheep 1958 Land-Rover 88'' Series II, the Ford 3000(?) Tractor and some others related items are always in an odd Scale Sizes?

So many cool looking cars from around the world, it's too bad they're molded in 1/32 or other Scales.

How many people remember the Renault TV Ads? It a very cool kit that I keep lusting over. It's too bad it's 1/20 Scale. One consolation is, about 25 years ago, I bought and built a UNION, 1964 Renault 8 Gordini Rallye 1/24 Scale. I'll admit I wasn't happy with the Vinyl Interior parts and the Tires. The tires were the worst parts of the kit. I think I actually threw them in the Trash. I found some old but similar items in one of my Spares Bins and they fit perfectly.

Why is it that a lot of the really cool models like this Renault, the Wallace and Gromit, Austin A30 Van, Motorcycle, Plane, the Shaun the Sheep 1958 Land-Rover 88'' Series II, the Ford 3000(?) Tractor and some others related items are always in an odd Scale Sizes?

So many cool looking cars from around the world, it's too bad they're molded in 1/32 or other Scales.

1/43 and 1/32 seem to be very popular scales outside of the USA. I know when I was a kid in Europe, I collected up and built much of the Airfix 1/32 scale line up. Many of those had as many parts and as much detail as US 1/25 kits of that time!

Speaking of Renaults in 1/24 scale, with all the recent Euro car activity.. that is the Renault 4s, Trabants -- both sedan and wagon, and the 2CV van issues... I'm wondering if we'll see a new Dalphine kit?? As we watched an old Hubley one, the bag kit without interior, go for $100 on that auction site the other day... just saying...

Very cool.

Thank you!

1/43 and 1/32 seem to be very popular scales outside of the USA. I know when I was a kid in Europe, I collected up and built much of the Airfix 1/32 scale line up. Many of those had as many parts and as much detail as US 1/25 kits of that time!

Speaking of Renaults in 1/24 scale, with all the recent Euro car activity.. that is the Renault 4s, Trabants -- both sedan and wagon, and the 2CV van issues... I'm wondering if we'll see a new Dalphine kit?? As we watched an old Hubley one, the bag kit without interior, go for $100 on that auction site the other day... just saying...

About the Dauphine, there is a 1/24 diecast, very well made, probably from there somebody can make a kit out of it. Dauphine at that time was sold also under Alfa Romeo...