Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mercedes CLK DTM D2

Wendall

Finished this one a few months ago. Its a Tamiya 1/24 and its a huge decal job. The biggest feature by far is the D2 wrap that covers the whole car. I was on this every evening for a week using every trick i'd read on the net for getting the decals to conform, a lesson in perseverance for sure! Unfortunately when I clear coated it some of the decals wrinkled up a bit, they don't look too bad now they've been flatted and polished. Other than that its a great kit to build!

post-12427-0-45259500-1381865800_thumb.jpost-12427-0-19177000-1381865812_thumb.jpost-12427-0-00438700-1381865827_thumb.j

Thanks for looking

Jason

Edited by Wendall

Jason, obviously you have done a great job on this model and on the Sauber as well, but it is a bit cumbersome to find out, because your pictures are very large. If you resize them to let's say 70 KB the complete vehicle (and not only parts) appears on the screen and viewers can really appreciate your work.