Model Cars Magazine Forum

2014 Revell Germany new releases

Luc Janssens

Hopefully a 918 is in progress then. The Laferrari is lonely.

Ben

I would honestly be shocked if that isn't THE big 2014 release for Tamiya car-wise. Be a handful of spot-runs reissues, and they've been focusing a lot of time on 1/32 planes lately, the BIG 1/6 Harley, and making kits out of the large scale pre-assembled kits, but usually they're good for one "Black Box" kit a year, and since they did the Carrera GT, the 918 is the next Porsche Super Car. Although I also wouldn't argue with the "991" model 911 either.

I would honestly be shocked if that isn't THE big 2014 release for Tamiya car-wise. Be a handful of spot-runs reissues, and they've been focusing a lot of time on 1/32 planes lately, the BIG 1/6 Harley, and making kits out of the large scale pre-assembled kits, but usually they're good for one "Black Box" kit a year, and since they did the Carrera GT, the 918 is the next Porsche Super Car. Although I also wouldn't argue with the "991" model 911 either.

I agree this seems to be their production plan, i just hope their next big kit is a 1/12 288 GTO!!!

Joe.

• 7 months later...

So Revell NA lists a new mold MKI Rabbit, "California Wheels" edition for 4th quarter release, does anyone know if it's Revell Germany's w/different box art? Or are we getting two new molded MKI rabbits?

I'm 99% sure it's a RoG rebox, as they did recently w/ the new '60s Beetle tool.

Don't know why I can't edit my post above, stupid Internet Explorer on this work computer....

It's Revell Germany's Golf tooling. Not sure what's different about it for the Rabbit version, I saw it at Revell's booth at IPMS Nats, but I don't know enough about the subject matter and I didn't ask them about the details (We mainly talked about the Starsky & Hutch Torino :D )

Don't know why I can't edit my post above, stupid Internet Explorer on this work computer....

It's Revell Germany's Golf tooling. Not sure what's different about it for the Rabbit version, I saw it at Revell's booth at IPMS Nats, but I don't know enough about the subject matter and I didn't ask them about the details (We mainly talked about the Starsky & Hutch Torino :D )

If you don't have compatibility view set for this site, editing won't work. Depending on IE version, other things as well.

If you don't have compatibility view set for this site, editing won't work. Depending on IE version, other things as well.

I have the Compatibility View set. I couldn't get my cursor below the quote box, so I tried to turn BB Code Off (little light switch looking thing in the upper left) and the text box went blank and I couldn't turn it back on. Working fine now.