Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rat Rod Pete 359

IMG_0182.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

I also just added to the complexity of the build, I was going to build this for the super boss that I started, then realized that it would be a great hauler for the rat rod pete. It is a little shorter than the super boss, but I think it will look really cool anyway, I can even rat rod out the hauler as well. I may also build something to fill the space behind the rat rod that could be chained down that would be used with the rat rod. Time will tell....

IMG_0181.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

Edited by Darren B

Lot's of progress since I last looked. You are really stepping up your game.  Looks good from here Darren !

Be Well Gator

Thank you Gator, been real busy life wise, reason for a slow build time. But now that I have the Hauler to build it has re-energized my thought process as to what I can do with both now...................

Edited by Darren B

About the hinges, do you want outside exposed type ? If so, maybe the method we've used for butterfly hoods would work here .  It's super easy and functional. .did I mention it was easy ? Add a recessed slam lock on each door and bobs your uncle .

Outside hinges. More interested in what the inside of the boxes actually look like, like if there are shelves, how deep. etc.

Kerry, thank you , I am trying my hand at more scratch building and this project is perfect for that. The hinges idea came from this guy. It was even in the new trucker model magazine. Here is the link..http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/57658-autocar-sleeper-cab/?page=1

I spaced mine way to far apart because I marked the aluminum with a ruler, Ray did his a lot closer together probably by hand but for my first attempt I wanted it more uniform. One thing that I found out about doing it this way you have to cut some space in the cab wall and the door for the hinge to fit between to work, Other than that its pretty easy. It is bigger than scale but a lot more tougher than the photo etch piano hinges from detail master.

oh your a bad man now i want to do bad things to the truck i'm working on.

thanks for the link to the door hinges

Edited by NothingAsFineAsaW9

IMG_0480.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

IMG_0479.JPG.opt570x427o0%2C0s570x427.JP

IMG_0478.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

IMG_0477.JPG.opt570x760o0%2C0s570x760.JP

Well I just discovered that the kit tank was to wide to fit correctly between the stacks, and since I do not want to have to shorten  the tank I decided to use one from my only other truck kit the California hauler. so when I get to that kit Ill have to either scratch one or buy another kit. :angry: Have to keep my eye open for other snafus on this one.......