Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rat Rod Pete 359

gotnitro? Thank you on the tunnel cover, wanted something more stylish than just aluminum sheet, as far as the extra section on the frame, do you mean right in front of the front leaf spring? That section I have to come up with some kind of mounting system for the grill and radiator, not sure if Scott's had a raditor as from all the pics I could not see one but I want to add one. I may have to modify the frame to do so but so far thinking I can fit one in even if its a smaller one from a large pickup or something like that but will see. That is another huddle that I have not put much thought into but will have to soon deal with....

Edited by Darren B

Yep really like how your tunnel is working !that's the area that gave the most hurting brain cells trying to figure out how it should all work..ya made it look easy 

Yeah I was referring to the frame sections ahead of the spring, you've cleared my question using it for radiator, I thought the idea was having your front spring out front and the rad behind...tI'll I went back to the original photo.

Yep really like how your tunnel is working !that's the area that gave the most hurting brain cells trying to figure out how it should all work..ya made it look easy 

Yeah I was referring to the frame sections ahead of the spring, you've cleared my question using it for radiator, I thought the idea was having your front spring out front and the rad behind...tI'll I went back to the original photo.

Scott's version from all the photos that I have show no radiator, now that you mention it behind the spring, right in front of engine would have been a good place for it. I'll figure something out thou. I want a radiator to make it more believable.

Is that a gear from a wind up watch for the radiator cap

Nice

Jeff, yes its two pieces from a watch, I like to add them when I can find a place for them.   I normally would have made one on my lathe but a few years back had to sell it to get out of a financial situation. They look good being machined and come in handy as caps using a winder for a watch.