Model Cars Magazine Forum

'55 Chevy 210 from 1969

rmvw guy

Neat replica. They black Chevy is cool too.

Hector, I don't know which Black one you are talking about now, mine or Glen's 1:1 but, here is a link to my other build in case you missed it:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=85594&hl=

Oh and Thanks to everone else for complements.

Also here is one I did a while back of my very first 1:1 car, another '55 I fixed up and painted back in 1965 when I was 15.

029.jpg023.jpg

Edited by rmvw guy

Good story and great builds. The craft acrylic thru the air brush is great. I had a supposedly airbrush guru tell me some time back that craft acrylics thru an airbrush would not work because the pigments were too large or something like that. Anyway...good job !!!!

Very cool weathering job Ron, and very convincing! B)

Sadly, that's how I remember a lot of '55-'57 Chevy's in the late '60's as a kid. They were as common as grass so you could get them for next to nothing. Another very common sight when I was a kid were VW Beetles. Now, I can't remember the last time I saw a Beetle (or any of its variants) on the road.

Outstanding build, great lesson on the paint, craft paint works great through the gun, only downfall to the craft paint is water slides do not always go well with it, dated yourself well with the inf training outside Georgia, why do they send the guy who spends most of his days beating his face on the ground to those snake infested swamps?

Outstanding build, great lesson on the paint, craft paint works great through the gun, only downfall to the craft paint is water slides do not always go well with it, dated yourself well with the inf training outside Georgia, why do they send the guy who spends most of his days beating his face on the ground to those snake infested swamps?

Thanks Dan, Didn't think about the decal problem on this one. They may go on alright since I used clearcoat over the craft paint.

I still remember the sign entering Fort Polk, it read, " Welcome to Fort Polk, Home of Combat Infantry Men for Vietnam." Nice welcome!

They also called it "Little Vietnam".

Very nice build,I started using water base paints and have had no problems.How ever you do need to strip the airbrush down and soak it.Heres my first attemped at rust..

Thanks Stan, That has to be a Holden I think, I'm not sure. It kind of reminds me of a '55 Chevy or a Checker here in US. The rust looks good.

I have used enamels and lacquers so long I just thought I would try water base for a change. They are fun for now and eases drying time here in Winter months with temperatures so low.