Model Cars Magazine Forum

Here are some photos of my Custom Bobber. The organ donor bike was a Tamiya 1/6 scale FLH. Scratch built items include the rear frame from the gas tank all the way back to the axle plates; the seat, the air cleaner, license plate and tail light bracket, fender braces, and the oil tank. Many parts were altered or repurposed from a second kit. These include the gas tank, turn signals, tail light, head light, kick starter,and exhaust pipes.

Thanks for checking it out,

Dog

post-13653-0-14256100-1395935711_thumb.jpost-13653-0-00641000-1395935765_thumb.jpost-13653-0-97731800-1395935786_thumb.jpost-13653-0-74229700-1395935975_thumb.j

Cobraman,

I'm new to this forum. What do you mean by "it will most likely be moved."

Barrio Dog

It will be moved to the area of the forum where it should have been posted in the first place. Around here we like to keep things neatly organized. You're new... you'll learn... ^_^

Anyway, you posted this in the section for finished model cars. I moved it here to the "All the Rest" section where we post models other than cars... like tanks, ships, motorcycles, figures, etc.

The idea is to keep things separated and organized so we all know where to look for stuff we're interested in. Kind of like the numbering system in the library lets you find a particular book.

Oh, BTW... very nice work on the bobber. I like it. I actually built one very similar myself.

It will be moved to the area of the forum where it should have been posted in the first place. Around here we like to keep things neatly organized. You're new... you'll learn... ^_^

Anyway, you posted this in the section for finished model cars. I moved it here to the "All the Rest" section where we post models other than cars... like tanks, ships, motorcycles, figures, etc.

The idea is to keep things separated and organized so we all know where to look for stuff we're interested in. Kind of like the numbering system in the library lets you find a particular book.

Oh, BTW... very nice work on the bobber. I like it. I actually built one very similar myself.

Understood and thanks for the info.

Dude!!!!!

How much to ride it away??

Most (do not swear on this site) Awesome build!!

How do the exhaust wrap?

Cheers

The pipe tape came out of a little Moleskine note book. I looked everywhere for the right ribbon. Finally I e-mailed Moleskine in Milan Italy and they sent me 3 ft. I glued it at the top. Wrapped it and glued it at the bottom. The ties were fabricated out of sheet aluminum.

Thanks for checking it out.

I think this pic is better than the ones originally posted. Better lighting.

post-13653-0-69868600-1396449132_thumb.j

• 6 months later...