Model Cars Magazine Forum

1991 Chevy 454ss Pickup

CarModDave

Here's the latest to come off of the bench, built using the AMT kit: 1991 Chevrolet C1500 454SS pickup.

Besides cutting open and hinging the doors, there's lots of scratchbuilt items as well: bed cover, bed cover hinges, vent visors, battery brackets, cowl hood, exhaust, under hood cannisters/fluid containers/pumps, seat risers and seat adjustment hardware, etc., plus plenty of Pro Tech braided lines/fittings and on and on........

The overall ride height was lowered to better match the 1:1 replica as well.

The model is now at it's new home and the owner is quite proud of the new 1:24 replica of his 1:1 !

454SS2.jpg

454SS59.jpg

454SS36.jpg

454SS3.jpg

454SS7.jpg

454SS1.jpg

Excellent work! I have a place near my heart for this truck. I have a custom one built already and a box stock one on the bench. Neither one is even close to this detailed though. The interior detail is superb. I love how accurate the steering column and dashboard are.

Thanks again, everyone. This was a fun build and I actually learned a few things along the way!

Anyway, just for some reference, here's a few pics of the 1:1 that I replicated. The scale version is the "updated" truck, as the 1:1 has had a few mods done since the pics were taken: cowl hood; new, black paint with NO red body pinstripe; lowered 3 " front, 2" rear; new "blackwall" tires and new all-chrome 454SS wheels.

Here's the "real" thing:

DonsTruck1.jpg

DonsTruck3.jpg

DonsTruck2.jpg

DonsTruck4.jpg

Edited by CarModDave