Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram 1983 Mustang convertible

cruz

Wow, fantastic build as usual from you my friend. I have a friend that still has the original real car in great shape, he purchased his in '84. I am sure that when I show him this one he will be asking you to build one for him, he has 5 of those kits unbuilt and has been looking for someone to build one for him.

Awesome build. Only thing I would do is either cut out the center or paint them black in the headrests as they were open in the middle on the real car.

thats the same on the mpc model kits as well, its very few 79-82' ? mustangs that had the netted "halo" headerests i want to say for sure 83' and later they did not do that any longer on my mpc builds i've been removing my "mesh" center headrests to make proper halo's for my 85/ 86 gt projects

• 3 weeks later...

Almost didn't click on this thread, but I'm glad I did. That just looks "right", this is exactly how these cars looked when you saw them all over the place in the mid to late '80s. I especially like the red interior - I think that's part of the charm on this one.