Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trans Am with Honda

Mutato

Hi all,

Just wanted to share an old model I dusted off and photographed with my real car in the background (2007 Honda Civic Si Sedan). Perched the Trans Am on a gray board, did a little photoshop to blend the board into parking lot. I really need to build a nice realistic parking lot to match better.

I made this model sometime around 1980.

post-9830-0-45369300-1396990567_thumb.jp

Can we get a better picture of that outstanding Honda model kit in the background? Figured you would make the Trans Am blurry since it's the real car. :P Just kidding. That's a really nice TA you've built there. I also like the way you made sure the shadows both fell from the driver sides of the cars and the (what looks like) in scale road dot in front of the passenger front tire of the TA.

Edited by Skydime

Can we get a better picture of that outstanding Honda model kit in the background? Figured you would make the Trans Am blurry since it's the real car. :P Just kidding. That's a really nice TA you've built there. I also like the way you made sure the shadows both fell from the driver sides of the cars and the (what looks like) in scale road dot in front of the passenger front tire of the TA.

It's the same sun! I shot this in the parking lot. This was done in one shot. I only blurred the hard edge where the board meets the real lot.The scale looks almost realistic because I moved the model car really far away from the real Honda. It's actually sitting on a portable workbench with a milk crate to bring added height. I then secured my fake parking lot board on that and placed model. I have to try and make a usable range of "asphalt" type boards so depending on where you shoot it, it looks better.

It's the same sun! I shot this in the parking lot. This was done in one shot. I only blurred the hard edge where the board meets the real lot.The scale looks almost realistic because I moved the model car really far away from the real Honda. It's actually sitting on a portable workbench with a milk crate to bring added height. I then secured my fake parking lot board on that and placed model. I have to try and make a usable range of "asphalt" type boards so depending on where you shoot it, it looks better.

Yeah, that is some really nice photography and editing there. Speaks volumes of your work that you only had to blend the edge of the board. Thanks for sharing that with us.