Model Cars Magazine Forum

New modeler from New York

Hi everyone, my name is Matthew. I decided to pick up modeling again recently. I used to build models about 20+ years ago, and decided that now would be a good time to get back into it. I wouldn't consider myself a beginner, but at the same time I am no pro either. Just from browsing the forums I can see there are a LOT of amazing artists on here, and I would love to try to get up to that level! I hope to have a few in-progress pics to post over the next few days. I welcome any comments! Thanks!

Welcome to the forum Matthew. Previous New Yorker myself (Staten Island). Not sure what part of New York your from, but there is an excellent Hobby Shop in New Jersey right over the Outerbridge crossing that carries lots and lots of models (every genere, and scale), tools, paints, plus lots of photo-etch, and resin goodies. I miss that shop alot. During my visit's back home I always stop there! Let me know if your interested and I can give you the info!