Model Cars Magazine Forum

70 Challenger R/T - SE "Finished"

Mopar - D

Thanks for the comments on my build.

Fred I used model masters leather and some Hemi orange mixed together. I brushed the seats to get the distressed leather look and air brushed the rest.

Chris your correct they did offer green and Gator Grain vinyl tops in 70.

I have been following this one since you started it. I have had one of these bodies for several years, but have yet to do it as I have several projects in mind. When I was a kid, a friend of mines sister's boyfriend had a B5 Blue/White Vinyl Roof/ Medium Blue Interior Challenger SE back in 1970. It was not a R/T, but I thought it was a cool car never the less. Looking at what you have here, there is a lot of work to be done to get these looking right.

You have a lot of nice work going on there, and I can not wait to see it finished.

Back on the bench have been working on the body getting the panel lines cleaned up and the front and back lower valances installed. Also started priming the body. Painted the engine and received my PE parts. Should have more progress later tonight and tomorrow morning. I'm going with a black shaker and rear deck spoiler on this one.

684fa5b6b89c30a5a35410b97e9b1bee.jpg

7d72533faf49360169841850302b98b8.jpg

da33158a6184538631beb533e3fb6def.jpg

c3102e1ed9ccd3d49150567f31723ee6.jpg

b5d5983f4060daa4b2b8de3404c87c28.jpg

16bb87e9edc1218d22f5576e46cf7858.jpg

It kinda Sucks that the PE Door handles for this, and the 71 Hemi Cuda are only for one side. It looks like it could be easy to have that corrected, Instead of having to BMF the handles. Great progress so far on this car, it is really shaping up to be a looker.