Model Cars Magazine Forum

I guess I should introduce myself, with lots of pictures.

willimo

I don't have enough going on to start a workbench thread, so I'll just introduce myself here and give a brief overview of what I'm working on. I'm will, I just moved to Texas, I have lived just about everywhere.

Here are some things I am working on:

My current, main focus project is this pair of Midori EK4 Civics made from Fujimi kits. One built as factory stock (not box stock, new mirrors, wheels, and some detailed interior) and one as a curbside that will match my 1:1 project, featuring scratch side skirts, rear spoiler (carbon fiber underside, painted top), Hobby Design wheels, seat, the other seat from the Fujimi DC2 Integra and brake faces using the plastic parts from the same Integra kit. Waiting on mirrors, scratchbuilt fog lamps, scratch Wink mirror inside, and exhaust. These a quick builds to get back in the swing of things after moving, and part of a larger project of all Civics from 1984-2005 using the Tamiya EA, upcoming Aoshima/Beemax EF, Hasagawa EG, Fujimi EK, Fujimi EP, and a Transfomers toy modified into a model of an FA.

Midoris_zps72194e04.jpg

midori_zps185e3b29.jpg

I am also working on a pair of RAUH-welt Begriff Porsches, using C1 Models transkits on a Tamiya base kit. The green one is a model of the famous, and first stateside RWB, Pandora One, and the one in primer is going to be Bad Luck, a yet unbuilt car not too unlike the Stella Artois car. It features a modified rear end, which required a LOT of cutting of the solid resin rear bumper to make it look like a cut away 1:1 part, engine from a Fujimi Enthusiast 911, and a scratch/bashed turbo setup.

RWBs_zps39c22413.jpg

I am pretty far along on this Tamiya FR-S/GT86 featuring a Rocket Bunny V1 widebody kit, from Eightyone81. It also has Eightyone81 wheels, parts bin seats, and a scratch/bashed turbo set up on an engine which I had cut out of the engine bay to detail before reinstalling it on a simple scratchbuilt cradle.

frs_zpsf7e72d8a.jpg

Also on the work bench is a Tamiya S2000 with Spoon aero, also from a C1 Models transkit. The wheels are from Aoshima but modified to be a smaller diameter. There will be a pile of other modifications, including a Sakatsu engine and scratchbuilt engine bay and a bunch of other stuff I haven't even though about yet.

spoonS2000_zps03332834.jpg

To prove that I'm not just making up the bits about scratching an engine bay, here is the EK4 Civic I mentioned elsewhere, that I have been working on for a decade and over four states. This is NOT the Revell kit, which A. Is the wrong scale and B. Has insane proportions. I will attach a handful of pictures showing its progress and parts I've scratch built for it, including a valve cover set on top of a resin copy of the Sakatsu F20C, upper strut tower bar, and wheels made a smaller, more Civic-appropriate diameter...

EK02.jpg

EK04.jpg

EK07-1.jpg

engine2.jpg

EK33susp07stb07.jpg

EKwheels01.jpg

EKmockup3.jpg

jig.jpg

And finally, the last thing sitting in a box on the shelf that I feel like sharing is this Aoshima Hilux, featuring a wooden flatbed, 2JZ from the Tamiya Supra, and a scratchbuilt keg as a fuel tank. Loads of other modifications to come on this, including a front cut for old-school hotrod flair, and a simplified version of the Civic's jig for holding it up during setting up suspension for the proper ride height.

DSCN3769_zpsc4583aee.jpg

DSCN3768_zpsf61267ed.jpg

Clearly, like many of you here, I have modeler's ADD. I have a huge number of other models in various levels of completion, too, but these are the highlights. I will put some completed ones in the Under Glass section soon. Thanks for looking!

Edited by willimo