Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell GT40

Platerpants

This is the ex aurora gt40 kit with the pointy nose. its not getting the racing decals but stripes from the amt 2005 ford gt40. If you know anything of my shelby blue crew it is gonna be a member. ALl the shelby blue crew members are 1/25 scale i had to search real hard to find a old gt40 not 1/24 scale.1024121841.jpg

Lookin good Jake.

Just a suggestion, you ought to try different lighting techniques for your pictures. Even with a subpar camera alot of times you can get good results just by having a steady hand, and good lighting. Maybe try plugging in a couple extra lamps around your photo area on top of your normal light source and experment a little bit.

Corey

Lookin good Jake.

Just a suggestion, you ought to try different lighting techniques for your pictures. Even with a subpar camera alot of times you can get good results just by having a steady hand, and good lighting. Maybe try plugging in a couple extra lamps around your photo area on top of your normal light source and experment a little bit.

Corey

Thanks for the tip ill try it.

I just picked up this kit from my LHS, sealed inside for $10. I don't have any info on it, but have always liked the GT40's and like the idea of 1/25 scale.

I'll be watching closely.

Later-

just? revell supposedly only produced these in 1997. how did your lhs have this?

Thank goodness for decals large enough to cover glue globs. so the rear hood pops off instead of hinging.. the front windshield wasnt shaped quite right so it pops down lower than the cab. but it still is a decent final member of my shelby blue crew. it needs a few tiny details. Its posing next to my 2005 gt40.gogg.jpg?t=1351380659