Model Cars Magazine Forum

Renaissance Ford Mark IV 1/24

I used my Ebay/Paypal profits to order this kit from Island Collectibles. I will probably use some other rims and perhaps some Fujumi pieces and parts from Historic Racing minatures.post-13094-0-71926400-1427485583_thumb.j

Edited by vamach1

Hi vamach1,

Oh cool, mine should be en route from Ed as well. I compared it via instruction manual to the equivalent LMM kit and thought it was better.

The rims seemed very cool and detailed based on the instructions. What did you not like about them?

Also curious what Fujimi and HRM parts you may use?

I bought a Monogram 427 Cobra to use its engine, it was better then Fujimi's 427 engine. At least based in kit directions.

* Curious, in the kit directions there is a sprue of photo-etch parts labeled as B, did you get those as they weren't pictured? Or at lest they seemed photo-etch.

Edited by aurfalien

post-13094-0-39367300-1427646467_thumb.jI think aluminum rims would have been a lot cooler but the centers do look nice.

I'd probably use any part from the Fujumi or HRM kits that are direct replacements as the castings are cleaner.

I'm not sure which engine to use, MPC MKIV or Monogram Cobra 427 or something else.

Here are the rest of the photoetch parts that were in the bag.

Also be careful as there are a lot of really tiny metal parts in the same bag with much larger resin pieces.

• 2 weeks later...

I just got mine as well.

Talk about rough, lots to clean up and sand but that can also be very fun.

First thing I did was separate the parts into a few bags as those very small machined parts being mixed in with large resin parts is not cool.

Still a neat model and should look pretty darn cool.