Model Cars Magazine Forum

Geographically Unique Trucks

Here are some from Sweden.

A typical general goods over the road transport here in Sweden, a straight truck with a tow behind trailer, 24 meters long, 3 axle single drive on the truck and 4 or 5 axles on the trailer.

Mercedes_Actros_UZK494_Sala_20110201.jpg

Reefer truck.

696.jpg

A couple of different versions of the European EMS combinations seen around here, 25 meters and 25 centimeters long.

Scania_164_TM91697_Sala_20110201.jpg

FIN%20%20Scandic%20Trans%20%204.jpg

2525.jpg

Edited by Force

And some more from Sweden.

A side dump wood chip transport.

scania_6x2_R164_flisekipage_tippande_sla

A very common type of gravel truck from around where I live, a dual drive truck with a lift axle behind and a pup with 2 or 3 axles.

Scania_164_TMF661_Sala_20110201.jpg

Another gravel truck, a transfer this time.

10838399_353494644860917_1688163687_n.jp

Common type of gravel and asphalt trailer, comes with 3 or 4 axles.

tipptrailer_4axl.jpg

A common style concrete truck.

566x302_lev_Vaxtorps_Betong.jpg

A logging truck typical for Sweden.

s_4d9c5beb39af9-600x330.jpg

You may notice that most of our trucks are single drive with a lift axle behind, dual drive are mostly used on gravel, concrete and logging trucks that goes off road a lot, otherwise dual drive are not needed even tho' we have snow and ice on the roads almost half the year.

If you're going up a hill in the winter and it's slippery just hit the differential lock and lift the lift axle before you spin out and you will transfer a lot more weight on to the drive wheels for traction...and use drive tires specially made for winter conditions with a good winter tread.

Edited by Force

I have no idea how common these rigs are elsewhere, but I see these all the time:

IMG_0591%2BFL.jpg

The most common setup around here, however, is a B-train tanker. There is a potash mine about 45 minutes from here that has a major water infiltration problem and they are trucking brine out of there to the bay here. One comes up the off-ramp behind my neighbourhood about every 20 minutes or so. In fact, one of them took a turn too fast yesterday and flipped. I can't find any good pictures right now of the setup, but if you do an image search for Seaboard/Harmac you'll get an idea of their rigs.

Sunbury trucks are absolute menaces on Route 9 and the roads close to Canada here. :lol:

In Michigan, there is a 160,000lb limit, unlike the more typical 80,000. I'm not an expert, but I believe it is up to 20,000lb per axle and up to 8 axles on the trailer. But your typical 18 wheeler set up can gross 80,000 - just like other states, you don't need a four axle van, for example. Some of the other guys on the forum may be able to elaborate on the weight limit laws.

All these trucks look pretty awesome....I really like those hay wagons and dumpers......And those Euro trucks are just "SICK".....I've got one....

This one looks pretty out of place down here in Spring, Tx......But, nonetheless, I saw it out in front of Walmart....And I have No idea what it's for....

............................010-vi_zpshg

016%201024x768_zpsbnwbokjk.jpg

Edited by kilrathy10

All these trucks look pretty awesome....I really like those hay wagons and dumpers......And those Euro trucks are just "SICK".....I've got one....

This one looks pretty out of place down here in Spring, Tx......But, nonetheless, I saw it out in front of Walmart....And I have No idea what it's for....

............................010-vi_zpshg

016%201024x768_zpsbnwbokjk.jpg

jt , the scania is build in austria and is a al wheel motor home for families for travelin al around the world

its call the globe cruiser

jacobus

Ohhh....Thanks Jacobus.....And I never even thought to look the website up, Cary.....Thanks ....Never noticed it, there before, for some reason....

Wow....That is one heck of an RV.....Looks like it's made out of bullet proof materials.....That thing is awesome.....I'll bet it cost half a million dollars....

Edited by kilrathy10