Model Cars Magazine Forum

Where to find these Crown Vic wheels?

To all the police car modelers around here... any suggestions on where to find or how to scratch build these Crown Vic wheels? I gave it a shot using thumbtacks and a slice of Evergreen tube for the center circle but the thumbtacks were too small for the wheel and the Evergreen was "meh"... if I can't find them to buy somewhere I will have to start making the rounds in the office supply aisle of every store in town with a ruler in hand.

MY19JgU.jpg

Brandon, I know we were talking about your project earlier. I can definitely attest to the quality of the Modelhaus products as I have 3 sets of those from them and they are superior. I also have some Custom Squads products (though not the CV caps) and they too produce good quality items. Remember that Modelhaus is closing its doors in 2017 so get them while they're still made.

Ron, do you know what year you ordered? They have several from that period but no photos so I'm not sure which ones I need.... also it says it's for the Lindberg kit, I guess they fit the existing tires that came with the kit?

Edited by bigbluesd

It doesn't matter what year you order as they're all the same. That same style of hubcap was used by Ford on the 1990-1991 LTD Crown Victoria and the 1992-1997 Crown Victoria. They're designed specifically for the Lindberg kit.