Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Sam,

There are two hobby shops. One is HobbyTownUSA on Speedway Road, around 3700 block, I believe. Well stocked store.

The other is Ace the Hobby Place, attached to Ace Hardware on 22nd Street on the NW corner of 22nd & Kolb. Well worth the trip and the hardware store has an amazing variety of paints and scratchbuilding materials in addition to the hobby paints, supplies, and tools in the hobby shop.

No model meets and I don't know about any cruise nights.

Actually, the best-kept secret about the Arizona climate is . . . it is bearable. You acclimate.

The first summer, new transplants think it's unbearable.

Their second summer, new transplants think it's not so bad, after all.

Their third summer, transplants think the summers are all much milder than when they first arrived.

After that, you don't even notice so much, other than feeling there's only a few days in the summer that are hotter than hades.

I have a friend who moved out there years ago. After his time in the Air Force he landed a job as an officer in Tucson. Last time he was back and we got to talk I asked about the dry heat. He said don't let them fool you 100 degrees is hot dry or not. We had a good laugh over that. I hope I get to see him Saturday.

Sam, The Ace hardware and Hobby Shop is where I go for all my modeling and train needs. It is at 22nd and Kolb. On Wed. night's there is a cruise at the Lucky Wishbone just off 22nd st. on Harrison. Starts at 6:00pm. Great food on the cheap there also.

Azgary

I think Danno's Post #8 has it about right.

I like 100 degrees here Way better than 90 degrees in Ohio .......... even at 110 here it's WAY WAY better than 20 degrees. That said I would not recommend coming here if you are a roofer.