Model Cars Magazine Forum

Current MCM

At any rate, this was a very good issue, I really like the light commercial angle.

We just happened to have a bunch of truck-related stuff "in the bank," so... why not an "all trucks" issue! :D

I'd be interested to get feedback from you guys on the "Bent Road Incident" feature. It's a little different from your standard model car magazine feature... as much a story as it is a model feature. Personally I like oddball stuff like this every once in a while. Any other opinions?

I just finished the Bent Road article and I did enjoy it. I was a long build up to the very nice truck build but it was well done. Just the same old articles about how much someone loves Chevys gets pretty boring. This was a refreshing change .. as is most of what's in MCM!

Edited by Foxer

We just happened to have a bunch of truck-related stuff "in the bank," so... why not an "all trucks" issue! :D

I'd be interested to get feedback from you guys on the "Bent Road Incident" feature. It's a little different from your standard model car magazine feature... as much a story as it is a model feature. Personally I like oddball stuff like this every once in a while. Any other opinions?

Gregg and Harry already know what I think of the "Bent Road Incident" (I sent them a congratulatory note as soon as the issue arrived last week), but for the record, I tremendously enjoy reading Bill Borgen's articles, both for the entertaining "setups" as well as his outstanding modeling skills in creating antique "might have been" models. Great job, guys. TIM

If the magazine was a quarterly - identified as Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and issue number, I think there would be much less carping than with a literal monthly ID. And it could be a heck of a lot easier to produce (and priced accordingly).

Edited by sjordan2

If the magazine was a quarterly - identified as Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter and issue number, I think there would be much less carping than with a literal monthly ID. And it could be a heck of a lot easier to produce (and priced accordingly).

But it's not a quarterly... there are nine issues per year. Turning it into a quarterly would mean a lot fewer issues per yearly subscription.

I am a big Porsche fan and would love to see more European type articles in the mag. Love the magazine and if I have to wait then be it, it's still a blessing to have it.

There's something right up your alley in the next issue.. ;)

then 2 issues per quarter + one special issue.

That's not going to change anything. The magazine will still come out on an irregular schedule no matter how you label it. The best thing to do is just ignore the month on the cover. You'll get nine issues per year, as promised. Forget the "cover date." As far as MCM goes, it's irrelevant, for better or worse.