Model Cars Magazine Forum

A rookie from the cold north of Sweden

Hello, my name is Sonny I'm 18 years old and come from Sweden so English isn't my first language so you have to excuse me for making irritating spelling and/-or grammar mistakes, because i know i will make some.I you find some please tell me so i can fix it and hopefully learn something :) .

So here's my story:

I have just gotten into modelling for a second time, i used to make military vehicles and aircraft's as i a child but then my interest, and i guess my patience, ebbed out. Just recently i found a plane i had started 8 years ago and thought that i would finish it off once and for all and be done with it. That's not what happened, I were planing to just paint it and be done with it because i had glued everything "back then" and i was a kind of a gluebomb especially around the cockpit glass but the more time i spent the more i liked it, i started detailing it and before i was done i had added about 60-ish decals to it.

As i got older my interest around cars escalated and at the age of 17 and years of saving up money i found myself with a Porsche 928 Sport from 1981 that were in desperate need of repair. I have now worked at it for about 1,5 years fixing and tidying it up. That cars is the biggest reason that my car interest skyrocketed so much that i started thinking about getting a model car of my real car and have in it the dash of my real car for display. But i didn't find any nice models of it so i started looking at other models and i were surprised at how many different model kits are around.

Not long after i found my self on this forum reading about both incredibly detailed and simpler yet stunning build. I was hooked, from then it didn't take long for me to hit the store and buying me some paint, brushed an modelling knife, a Plymouth 'Cuda and a Plymouth Superbird. I will post a "on the workbench" topic on here about the Plymouth Superbird too.

(I can add fotos of both the result of the gluebomb plane and my 1:1 scale car at request).

/ Sonny J.

Welcome to the forum. There have been 928 kits out though maybe not the best, but workable. I do all the 1:1 cars I have owned including 5 024/928's. Those at least have engines. I'll check what those 928 kits were if you haven't seen them.

or, here's an ebay search on them http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=porsche+928+gts&_catref=1&_osacat=2580&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC2.A0.H1.Xporsche+928.TRS1&_nkw=porsche+928&_sacat=2580

Welcome to the forum. There have been 928 kits out though maybe not the best, but workable. I do all the 1:1 cars I have owned including 5 024/928's. Those at least have engines. I'll check what those 928 kits were if you haven't seen them.

or, here's an ebay search on them http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=porsche+928+gts&_catref=1&_osacat=2580&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR9.TRC2.A0.H1.Xporsche+928.TRS1&_nkw=porsche+928&_sacat=2580

Yeah i have been searching for sometime for these, the thing is that i have a S model (the old chassi with front and rear spoilers) and on it i have the original phone dial rims. The model kits either have the spoilers OR the phone dial rims. Except one kit that is super rare and i can't remember the name of it. I might buy a 928 kit with the "S spoilers" and a 924 kit with the phone dial to kitbash, haven't decided yet :unsure:

And thanks to you all for welcoming me! It's appreciated :D

Yeah i have been searching for sometime for these, the thing is that i have a S model (the old chassi with front and rear spoilers) and on it i have the original phone dial rims. The model kits either have the spoilers OR the phone dial rims. Except one kit that is super rare and i can't remember the name of it. I might buy a 928 kit with the "S spoilers" and a 924 kit with the phone dial to kitbash, haven't decided yet :unsure:

And thanks to you all for welcoming me! It's appreciated :D

I think your best bet is what you suggest .. get a 928 kit for the body and a 944 for the phone dials. You said a 924 but the 944's have the phone dial wheels. Maybe there is a 924 with them, but none I know of. I have gotten them in Testors and Hasegawa 944 kits.

Välkommen Sonny! :) Skulle gärna se lite bilder på Porschen, jag gillar de äldre frontmotor Porscharna, funderar själv på en 944 :)

Självklart kan du det! Kan lägga ut bilder imorgon nån gång, är det nått speciellt du vill se typ inredning, under huven eller bara bilen i helhet? :D

Is it allowedto talk foreign languages on this forum for any reason? I don't want to be rude or disobey rules B)

Edited by Sonny J.

Självklart kan du det! Kan lägga ut bilder imorgon nån gång, är det nått speciellt du vill se typ inredning, under huven eller bara bilen i helhet? :D

Is it allowedto talk foreign languages on this forum for any reason? I don't want to be rude or disobey rules B)

Lite allt möjligt :D Vart i landet är du ifrån förresten? :)

So here is the promised pictures of my Porsche 928 S 3-speed Automatic Euro. To be considered is that this car sat in a field, uncovered and taking in water for over 10 years. After that it got taken cared of for about 4 years until i got it. I got it on a trailer, the engine didn't run, the transmission where leaking, all the interior panels where warped badly and the leather bent. Cables where cut of or leading nowhere so i had to practically redo all the electrics in the coupe, which there where a lot of. now it's running, driving and looking vaguely decent:

Here's the interior not long after i got it:

post-15625-0-00287200-1432332082_thumb.j

How it looks now:

post-15625-0-71947700-1432332027_thumb.j

post-15625-0-39187900-1432332020_thumb.j

Cables that where bad, didn't go anywhere or had corroded to dust:

post-15625-0-15482100-1432332063_thumb.j

Fixed the original rims that had dents and all kinds of ugly damage, built them up and Plastidipped them:

post-15625-0-95229200-1432332044_thumb.j

And ALOT more have been done but it would be an endless post if i where to add it all so here it the car now:

post-15625-0-54756200-1432332038_thumb.j

post-15625-0-55282100-1432332033_thumb.j

The car has a lot of dust and grime on it and the paintjob sucks and so. On the to-do list in the near future is tinting the rear windows 45% smoke, painting brake calipers and lastly have fun cruising! :lol:

It might not be a beauty due to the paint and so on, but it sure is a fun project!

Edited by Sonny J.

Welcome Sonny! Your English is better than some of the guys here who have English as their first language! Love your Porsche!

Thanks! Trying my best both at my project and my spelling.

Edited by Sonny J.