Model Cars Magazine Forum

'69 GTX pro street

Sean W

post-11743-0-95423900-1435085536_thumb.jpost-11743-0-64991300-1435085560_thumb.jpost-11743-0-97477000-1435085586_thumb.jpost-11743-0-85925400-1435085615_thumb.jHi all. I have been at the bench lately working on this Plymouth. It is my first attempt at doing opening doors/trunk, I am just going along slowly and trying not to do anything that can't be undone ;)

The engine has a little bit of scratchbuilt detailing, the velocity stacks, and header flanges I made. The distributor is the kit part with boots made from stripped insulation from an ethernet cable, it was still not fun to wire up. Still need to do final touch-up painting then it is reading to be installed. The drivetrain is all kit pieces, I did the 'barber pole' on the driveshaft because I thought it would look neat, and I like it. I have decided on gold as the main color, maybe with red scallops from the front, always subject to change. I already de-chromed the wheels, wish I hadn't, the black chrome look on the rear end cover looks really cool, and I would have done wheels that way also. Since they are stripped though, probably going to be red. Enjoy, and I will have more up as I am able. Sean.

Looking good Sean. We are going to have to get together soon for a build day since our last two got hijacked (in a good way). I am making good progress on my 96 RX-7 and 66 El Camino. I'm staying on those two until finished.

Later-