Model Cars Magazine Forum

First in progress post~REVELL '49 Merc.~

k.blackwell

I've never done a "workbench" post, so here it goes.

After building 2 Italeri and 1 Tamiya, I've decided to change it up and go domestic. This will be my first rubbed out paint job, so, if I mess up, you'll be right there with me. ?

I will be going traditional on this one, just a little lower than originally out of the box.

post-6645-0-77112400-1435282583_thumb.jp

Edited by k.blackwell

Green looks awesome. This is a good kit. I just finished it about two builds ago. I did mine green as well, but with a tan, copper, and gold interior. Keep it up!

Nice colors you've picked out Keith. I'd personally do the green and white interior to lighten things up inside....with that chopped top, if you do all green, you won't see much detail I'm afraid because it'll just be too dark inside. Cheers, Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the encouragement everybody!! Well me and the misses have sold our condo and are moving in a week. So, instead of polishing, I went another route I've never tried. Future.

Trying to build and pack is proving to be hard. So It'll probably be awhile before the next post. Hopefully from my new workbench!!!!!! Hurray!!!!

Progress tonight:

post-6645-0-84590600-1436146097_thumb.jp

post-6645-0-76222800-1436146111_thumb.jp

post-6645-0-48327100-1436146125_thumb.jp

post-6645-0-83371500-1436146140_thumb.jp