Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Hey everyone, 

Here is my finished 1940 Revell Ford Pickup. This was a interesting build to say the least and really did not want to be put together at some points, including when my photo area decided to collapse and land on the truck breaking some parts off. It's been dropped, repainted and everything in between and put back together more times than I would like haha. But it's finally finished!

I used Model Masters Laquer for the body, the rest was airbrushed with tamiya and testors acrylics (first time ever using an airbrush) interior, engine, flat black bed etc. The kit more or less box stock with some exceptions, I flocked the interior with purple carpet, did park plug wires, and got rid of the horrible molded exhaust the kit comes with and made my own for the first time out of aluminum tubing.

I hope you all enjoy!!

Steve

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by 1hobby1

Steve, I think it looks great, and , after what you went through to get it finished, ( I can relate, and, had to laugh at the photo area mishap) , good job! That purple just looks awesome on that truck, what color is that? The wood looks great too. I'm with DeeCee on the front white walls, that would really make it pop, even more than it already does. Nice job!

Steve, I think it looks great, and , after what you went through to get it finished, ( I can relate, and, had to laugh at the photo area mishap) , good job! That purple just looks awesome on that truck, what color is that? The wood looks great too. I'm with DeeCee on the front white walls, that would really make it pop, even more than it already does. Nice job!

Yea the photo area was a huge let down, looking back it was pretty funny in an unbelievable way. The color is from Model Master, not sure exactly on the color but I should be home next week and will let you know the exact color. 

Thanks for the good words! 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...