Model Cars Magazine Forum

Freightliner Cabover Stretched

well this is my 2nd one of these i built, i wanted the 352 pete to stretch out...but i bought this one screwed up for a decent price, the frame stretch was not in good shape, after a few hours, some cuss words, and a glass of iced sweet tea i got the silly thing straight...anyways heres what ive done so far

i should do some purple graphics on the truck, then it will be purple blue and black, like a bruise that it is

this trick will never be perfect, which is ok, i think ill use it as a diorama later on in its life

DSCN0207.JPG

DSCN0221.JPG

Looks good so far. I like older cab over's.

On my current project, I also had had problems when I stretched my frame 3 1/2 inches. I've seen it done lots of times on this site, but I haven't been able to find much information on how it's done. It would be great if one of the Pro's could post a tutorial on the do's and don'ts of big rig frame stretching. :)

Edited by Jonj238

• 2 weeks later...

First off I want to say how much I like the shop dio! It looks pretty good to me.

As for the stretched frame. I liked it long. But then I like the kit length as well. But you are doing a good job on this one thus far.

Be Well

Gator

thanks, my shop is still being finished, i got this truck stretched, i think im going to un stretch it honestly, its on the back burner for now till i decide