Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/16 1969 Dodge Charger

DR JAY

The project began as soon as I got the re released kit home and became an off-and-on project since then. I finally called it finished a couple of weeks ago. I had planned on taking better pictures, but a recent blast of a heat wave followed by the torrential rains of the past few days means that these are as good as it gets  for now. 

The wheels are resin, the radiator face and oil cooler face are photoetch material and the nuts and bolts on the chassis as well as the wheel studs/nuts are bulk stuff from the model railroad section of my LHS. The rest is either scratchbuilt or modified parts from the kit. Paint and clear is my 1st try testing out the Testors One Coat system. Aside from heating the paint and clear in hot water 1st, I followed the instructions and the finish you see here came straight from the can. The link provided will take you to my Photobucket account where you can see the progress/building pictures if you're interested. I chose to build a car and use a number that never existed so I could put my name on the door. There were no decals available at the time that interested me enough to build those specific cars, and I had a feeling that the tables would be full of 43s and 71s--not to mention a sea of orange 01s. Feel free to comment. The link provided will take you to my Photobucket account where you can see the progress/building pictures if you're interested.

http://s1177.photobucket.com/user/drjay2/library/1969 Grand National Dodge Charger Project?sort=3&page=1

DSCF3767.JPG

DSCF3768.JPG

DSCF3769.JPG

DSCF3771.JPG

DSCF3772.JPG

Edited by DR JAY

• 2 weeks later...