Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

I have been wanting to do a version of my 1:1 Explorer and finally got around to doing it. I started with the Lindberg 1/20 scale Sport model (2 door) (mine is a 4 door) after combining 2 kits this is what I came up with.....

20151006_122329_001_zps2j99kcfb.jpg

20151006_122239_zpsokexy20l.jpg

20151006_122401_zpspaubibsc.jpg

I still need to make the light bar, tube bumper and snorkel (in the works now). Its off just a tad from the 1:1 but I think its really close (I used actual Dark Cranberry that I had mixed for touch ups on the 1:1 for the paint). I really enjoyed this kit as it went together really well, no real fitment issues, otherthan me extending everything. Thanks for looking, Mark....

Almost forgot to add a profile of the 1:1 for comparison....

Edited by BLOODBANE

Thanks for the comments. I agree on having a model of your 1:1's. So far i have done one of my wifes Challenger, my old 69 Torino (High School car), the wifes JEEP. I need to get my styrene skills up to par and make this one next...

Its an 84 and I have never seen anything close (maybe start with a late model Ranger and go from there). This truck is my favorite and I have had it in some scary places....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...