Model Cars Magazine Forum

Raptor Trophy Truck, Monster Energy

Looks pretty good to me. I'm still tracking down parts for my TT. I've got tires figured out, how I'm gonna about the suspension, but I'm still unsure about the motor and trans. Yours is lookin great. Very nice work gettin the engine location set back far enough.

Thank you both. Since it is a full race machine they have to balance the weight for a nice jump and maneuverability. I'm going to make support for the front of engine and the trans endtail. After that i'll tackle the paint and bottom panels

I've ordered tires and wheels. not sure if it is the rights one, should receive it this week...

Edited by signmike

Lookin damned good man. I'm hopin to get my Raptor chase done, get started on the other chase, then either the TT or transporter. Your really inspiring me to get my stuff done. 

You've got some nice goin on. Can't wait to see how you tackle the suspensions, mainly the shocks and coil overs. I'm rackin my head on those.

Can't wait to see how you tackle the suspensions, mainly the shocks and coil overs. I'm rackin my head on those.

Thinking of using some from a monster truck combined with scratchtbuilt one form aluminium tibing. Also there is a possibility of meking my own sith wire wrapped around a plastic rod. 

Thank you for many years I worked on a pair of 1:1

Nascar Canadian Tires series cars and this is about the same...good planning and executions plus confidence that every steps will bring it's solution...well, I hope...LOL It's demanding but fun. When I get to the bench I start be refining what I did last and ideas comes. I work on box stock models at the same time so my mind does'nt get too cluttered.

Edited by signmike

Still working on my Trophy Truck. Did some progress. I finished the frame, it seems there is always a missing bar each time I look at it...Did some paneling for the interior, the 2 dash boards, the firewall, the trans covers and the seat supports. I also painted the frame to imitate raw steel with welding marks, it was my first time and I'll have to improve my technique. 

I also realised that the Raptors wheels from the kit were quite similar to the photos I have, so I decided to use them. I modified them to make wheels with a positive offset. That's it for now.Hope you like...IMG_4423.thumb.JPG.52e8cf352ed4b6a914781IMG_4441.thumb.JPG.f059eb5d20e02b6119e62IMG_4440.thumb.JPG.5f133ee94c023bf0c34bfIMG_4442.thumb.JPG.cb347602e3a71b63e24b4ded to use 

IMG_4425.JPG

Edited by signmike

Thanks.  I still have a lot to do in the interior, first make everything aligned and painted plus the dash detailing...that'll be tough to do. I made a photo of the dash from the pics I got and modified it in photoshop. I plan on printing it to size on glossy paper and mount it on the piece of styrene for depth...Coming soon but first I want to do the suspension arms and front spindels

Edited by signmike

Update on the suspension work...I detailed the dashboard, installed the headers and I'm making the shocks...I will have to correct the blue wire on the shocks, they are not looking good to me...IMG_4529.thumb.JPG.4e924bbf84b342506c1a5making the shocks...

Edited by signmike

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks everyone for the nice comments, makes me kept going on it...

With the rear shocks, plumbing will come later

Completed interior...

Since there was so much trial and error, the cleanliness is not perfect, i'd say about 85% but i'm happy with it...