Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Name That Car!

It looks like a '64 Chevy Pick-Up rear ended one of Chrysler's '61-'63 letter cars that was carrying cases of Pepto-Bismol in its trunk. Oh and then re-animated by Dr. Frankenrod and then Virgil Exner rose up from the dead and set it ablaze with zombie fire

That takes care of Zeb's.

Jaffa, I don't know what yours is

Edited by samdiego

Yas GreggK, that's tha Mecom Hussein 1 - tha Fuel injection racer, care ta take a guess as to who tha Driver is? Ahh over on this side o' tha pond, ifn IRC, a scuttle has something to do with coal....I think it's what they used to call that wee bucket that they used to keep spare coal chunks in.

Now how 'bout my Touring UDO?

AJ Foyt! This is the first time I ever seen a color pic of the car. Someone told me they were green. I know it was based on the Mecom Lola. Did it have a Dodge engine? or is that rumor too.

Guest zebm1

Actually no GreggK, it's a Cooper Monaco frame, bought by John Mecom, modded and then he stuffed this monster into it's arse.....

Husseinhemiengine.jpg

above and below, this is a Hussein MK II that tha Indy 500 Museum has in storage....they bring out every now and then.....

HusseinMkII.jpg

here's another picture of tha MK I, not sure if this chassis still exists.....this was taken at tha Nassau races.....

Model_mecomhussein001.jpg

if you look closely, you can see that tha wheels got changed to Halibrands over tha years.

I have read that when this monster went by other race cars at Full song, that tha bow wave would actually move tha other cars over half-a-lane........easy 200 mph monster.......ifn tha straights were long enuff, they used a Hewland 5-speed transaxle. This waz always my most fave Can-Am...built many Hussein slot cars, hard plastic, clear plastic....could run really wide tires underneath that body, with an inlne motor.

Oh and my UDO, was actually built by a rather popular car builder......that Hint #3....or is it #4?

Edited by zebm1

Guest zebm1

Yah, A.J. and John Mecom lived in tha Same neighborhood...both Texicans......., by tha way GreggK, that blue is also sometimes known as Mecom Blue. John Mecom painted most if not all of his racing venture (cars) that same metallic blue. Painted a Ferrari 250 GTO that same color.....bet that fried sum Ferrari fans nuts...... errr brains

Dang, I'ma feeling a another Record about tha be established...... :)

Edited by zebm1

:lol: OK ZEB ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!!!! wat the fu#@ is that red hoopty! I got splittin headaches from it! Bad enough I'm finally commin to grips with Harry's R.O.M. thread,headaches aint SO bad anymore but now YOU gotta start with this sh8t! SO spill the beans! your makin me CRAZY! Pretty soon I'm gonna get the ######'n and go down there an get you SO drunk you'll tell yer MOMMA whare to GO! An It AINT gonna be to buy a new TV! WHAT IS IT! I'm runnin out a EXCEDRIN!!!!!!! :blink::blink::lol::lol::lol:

Guest zebm1

Nope not a Chebby....., but ifn I showed yall a pic of a different model yall would recognize it right away........

Now let's see that 3 guessers down......

Hint #5.....

:lol: Sam as a former "client " of the" Institute of the Used To Be Allright" I don need no steenkeen Nitro! I want answers!No More Pussyfooting around!I WILL come down there to Flawduh an show ya'll what a Deeetrout drive by is all about! When you find ALL the chickens in the front yard GONE you'll now I want kiddin!Don't push me!you wouldn't like me without my MEDS!!!! :lol::lol::lol: WHAT? No stop,Shaddup,LEAVE ME ALONE!!!........Oh, sorry my Bad.I'll be good,AHHHHHH,My meds. :blink::blink::rolleyes:

And the usual gang of idiots here at TCIFTUTBA sends their love.

But, boy that zeb sure is taking us to school, isn't he? I guess he knows more about the automobile than the rest of us put together. And the records that are falling, geez.

I seem to have lost my tally list. Refresh my failing memory, would you?

How many of these has zeb identified correctly so far, not counting his own?

Edited by samdiego

:rolleyes: OHHHHHHH,Sam, don't get me started!My meds have just kicked in an all I wanna do is lay back here an look at ALL THE PRETTY COLORS!!! Who's Zeb? Hows Dr.Vinnie Sisboombah doin? He was ALWAYS my favorite Dr. there at TCIFTUTBAR. He ALWAYS gave me THE BEST MEDS!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok, i dont know how difficult this one really is,

but its nice enough to show!

flat-pink.jpg

''Freak Show'' A '61 Chrysler-'64 Chevy pickup-'57 Chrysler sandwich with a little bit of everything else thrown in

lebitofeverythingelsethrownin_-vi.jpg

bitofeverythingelsethrownin03_-vi.jpg