Model Cars Magazine Forum

squarebody crewcab

Hello,

I don't post projects often but figured this one was off to a good start I would show it off.

Started off as just a 3/4 ton flatbed build but has since grown into a crewcab sitting on a big rig chassis with a custom hood and fender flares,  I will trim the chassis to standard 8' bed length,  Probably 4x4.  Even though it is on a truck chassis I want it to sit at a useable bed height, not in the air.  I'm hoping to have the cab roughed in the next couple days.

20151105_161208.jpg

20151105_161629.jpg

Maybe if you dropped in a big rig Cummings motor and some chrome side tanks and stacks...

Well, so far I am planning to use the detroit diesel(I think) that was attached to the frame it'll sit on.  It will have side tanks, haven't thought about exhaust routing yet.  Other wise I haven't gotten much more done yet, I've just been working getting the floorboards and doorjambs done so I can move on to the crew part of the cab.

Well, so far I am planning to use the detroit diesel(I think) that was attached to the frame it'll sit on.  It will have side tanks, haven't thought about exhaust routing yet.  Other wise I haven't gotten much more done yet, I've just been working getting the floorboards and doorjambs done so I can move on to the crew part of the cab.

DETROIT! DETROIT! DETROIT! Just my two cents. Looking forward to seeing more!