Model Cars Magazine Forum

56" Nomad Wagon

parkflyrer 50

Hello Guys... Well here's my next project. I picked up this kit up at a local model expo here in Buena Park. So Cal for $10..Not too bad I was able to talk the price down from $I8.. I want to take it to the mild custom style i'll probably go with a stock two tone paint job with all the stock chrome pieces and interior. I did have to cut slots in the wheel wells to get the wide tires to fit at the lowered stance I want..Wish me luck.....

20151112_090813.jpg

20151112_090824.jpg

20151112_091105.jpg

20151112_091135.jpg

This is a great kit and I like your ideas on the build. I built one last year with the same Pegasus wheels you're using. As I'm sure you're finding out the stock rear suspension has to be relocated. Look at either mounting the leaf springs inside the frame or go to a four link setup. Taller spindles on the front should get it real low. Be sure when mount you're differential that the drive shaft doesn't hit the floor boards.It could be that you can raise the tunnel a little for clearance of the drive shaft. Look forward to seeing how you're build goes.    

• 1 month later...

Okay so these are probably a rookie moves but hey I'm a rookie..I got some overspray on on the grey area of the paint job and I tried to be as carefull as I could about the coats but got some runs.below the driver side door.:unsure: any advise on howto fix these would greatly appreciated

20160105_180718.jpg

20160105_180644.jpg

20160105_180732.jpg

As said above that little bit of blue should polish right out.  I've polished away much worse!   Not really a rookie move, we all do things like this. It seems sometimes no matter how well you mask up a body for a two tone, there's one little place it sneaks through.   In modeling it's not how you screw up, it's how you recover!

• 3 weeks later...

Okay guys hopefully you can help me here.. So I've never really wet sanded and technically polished out a paint job before..I have tried but it seemed all I did was scratch up an already shiny finish. I've always had to settle for a mostly shiny finish but with dust and speck flaws in them..I feel like when I put sand paper to paint its doing more damage than good and I have tried using very fine grit paper..so with that said can anyone give me a sorta step by step instruction or at least point me in the direction of where I can get more information possably a youtube video or something...this paint job came out pretty will aside from the over spray. Its been more than 2 weeks since painting it so Im pretty sure it cured well enough. It does have some dust specks and what looks like a small hair on one side..Thanks so much in advance for any replies....

• 2 weeks later...

Well here are a couple more pics of the progress..this project is going way too slow..too many life distractions going on..Im only getting about 1-2 days per week if even that to work on it and its causing me to get impatient...I made a couple of goofs on the paint and what makes it worse is they're on both sides of the car..just my luck they both could'nt be on the same side..now I gotta back track to repair it..but hey thats all part of the hobby I guess...

20160131_222327.jpg

20160131_222340.jpg

20160131_222500.jpg