Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Two old builds from long ago

These are two trucks that I built for our trucking company years ago. Thevye been sitting in the office collecting dust for quite awhile. I estimate that I built them in 2000 or so. These were my first two Italeri kits. The Pete has a resin 3406 from RNK resins as is the headache rack. The wheels were swapped out for some round hole Italeri Alcoas. The trailer is a modified Italeri container trailer turned into a spread axle flatbed. The FLD has a small sleeper swapped in with modified fenders, 2hole buds made from stock Italeri wheels, and scratchbuiltnheadache rack. They are in desperate need of TLC. Maybe Ill get them back one day.

It's a good thing you said they're at your work. I'd have a hard believing these "modern" trucks were on your shelf. Just messing with ya man. These look great. That Freightshaker looks like a fleet truck. Nice work man, well done. Hopefully you'll get a chance to have them back, or at least clean them.

Thanks guys. I appreciate it.

It's a good thing you said they're at your work. I'd have a hard believing these "modern" trucks were on your shelf. Just messing with ya man. These look great. That Freightshaker looks like a fleet truck. Nice work man, well done. Hopefully you'll get a chance to have them back, or at least clean them.

Yeah, theyre a little "new" for my taste. The Freightliner was a Ryder truck before we bought it, and the 377 was a Steelecase truck. I drove the Pete a little, and it was a hell of a puller with the 3406 turned up. We sold it about 5 years ago. Its got a Cummins in it now. I forget where it ended up.