Model Cars Magazine Forum

64 Belvedere Pro Touring Update 3-1 Seat Harnesses

jhuntsman

Heres a few pics of the Lindberg/model king belvedere ive been working on for a bit now. Just lowering the suspension, using pegasus wheels and adding scratchbuilt details where i can. So far ive turned some rotors and a set of mufflers for it and i made the interior door handles and window cranks. thanks for looking!

IMG_20151114_163503044_zpsvyoycy1r.jpg~o

IMG_20151113_155805169_zpsfq1bjija.jpg~o

IMG_20151113_144010519_zpsdyn0gnuc.jpg~o

IMG_20140126_143555876_zpsbvnfl7mk.jpg~o

Edited by jhuntsman

Jeff, thats AWESOME work! Question, the headers on the engine, they come with the kit? (I got the '64 Dodge Polara "330") -Been trying to locate 6 cylinder headers, of on the slant 6 I have..... NOT an easy task I can say.....

GREAT work on the fuel & brake lines!!!!!

hemi, the headers didnt come with the kit. it just had the stock manifolds. i made the headers out of .063 solder and a piece of alum tubing just big enough to fit over the ends of the primary tubes. didnt have anything to go by so they are a little rough. ill probably remake them to look a little better. thanks for the complements! 

.063 Solder, theres one I have yet to find locally! A LOT of the heavy stuff 1/8th and larger and then the small stuff I have found is something like .032.... I'll have to look an see what I may have as "just sections" as I recall seeing something I got from a junk pile of stuff I bought for the drill bits that had some solder in it.... HMMM Those you made tho look GREAT!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

got some more work done last night. got my instrument cluster fabbed up, turned some engine pulleys on the lathe and mounted them, started smoothing out the front bumper and added a chin spoiler and got the lips of the wheels painted. thanks for looking!

20160104_195458_zpsyjhnidxh.jpg~original

20160104_194826_zpsxuanhnpx.jpg~original

20160104_194808_zpsp6iw9th5.jpg~original

20160104_194758_zpsgbtk2jnz.jpg~original

20160104_194744_zpsscf3zdbo.jpg~original

Edited by jhuntsman

scott, the brake and fuel lines are 26 gauge wire. as far as mounting the brake line, i glued a block with three holes on top of the rear end that the lines goes into and then there is 2 more lines going out to the wheels. they fit tight to the floor pan so they arent really attached to anything but the front and back of the lines. thanks for the comments guys!

Got a little work done this weekend. I dont have a lot of time to do much during the week so i have to get it when i can on the weekends. anyway, i got the dash sprayed ready for details, calipers painted and engine pretty well buttoned up as well as the instrument panel. Checked the fit of the engine with the cover on and it fits great, hood closes so everythings a go. thanks for looking. 

20160110_171220_zpsqoaq58oz.jpg~original

20160110_151223_zpst9lktjr0.jpg~original

20160110_133715_zpsjzzm5dyi.jpg~original

Edited by jhuntsman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...