Model Cars Magazine Forum

Scale Finishes??

My reshipment of the order arrived yesterday as we were heading out to an event.  In his email, Jameston said several shipments just before Thanksgiving never arrived.  So much for the USPS thoroughness, I guess.  Hopefully he can recoup the costs of the original shipments. 

I just sent out a stack of checks for nearly $10k to vendors (unrelated industry) on 11/24. I had a few calling wondering where their money was. I walked to to the curb and handed the envelopes to the mail carrier and asked if it was okay if I gave them to him. I ran out when he was in front of my neighbor's house because I forgot to put them in the box. He took them from me and said no problem. They have since vanished. It cost me over $100 in fees to cancel the checks, not to mention I am way past my 30 day terms with some of my distributors. 

I rarely have issues with USPS, but when I do it's at the worst possible time. 

I ordered some paint from Jameston back in May:  He shipped it out, sent me confirmation of that, and 3 weeks later, it had not arrived.  Emailed him, he responded very quickly, with a confirmation number to track it.  I went to USPS website, entered the tracking number, and that d----d package had gone from his hometown, to Denver, then BACK to Salt Lake City, where it sat for Memorial Day weekend, then back to Denver, where it sat for a day or two, then on to Memphis TN, and a week after that, finally to me here in Lafayette IN.

Turns out that if you ship something the cheapest way on USPS, it goes by FEDEX, who apparently could care less that it gets to the customer in anything like a reasonable time frame.

Art

I am going echo what Bill said about Jameston,  we get the privilege of buying from him in person a few times a year (when he does come) ,and its a pleasure to get to talk with him in person.   It was a few years and he was coming down for Desert Scale Classic,  I needed some colors from him that I think he had to mix up( he wouldnt of had them on hand at the show other wise I think), anyways, he offered to hand the deliver the paints to my house once he got into town, now come on, how awesome is that.

I have to add that he has always done right by me, and gone out of his way to provide top notch service ,  he really is a stand up guy , and a very big asset to the hobby, and the hobby is better to have him a part of it.

And my last order that I placed,  I ordered I think five or six bottles, one of them I ordered the color in a 1oz bottle,  and you know what he did, he sent me a 2 oz bottle for the price of the 1oz bottle.   As a customer, I stand behind him 100%

I am going echo what Bill said about Jameston,  we get the privilege of buying from him in person a few times a year (when he does come) ,and its a pleasure to get to talk with him in person.   It was a few years and he was coming down for Desert Scale Classic,  I needed some colors from him that I think he had to mix up( he wouldnt of had them on hand at the show other wise I think), anyways, he offered to hand the deliver the paints to my house once he got into town, now come on, how awesome is that.

I have to add that he has always done right by me, and gone out of his way to provide top notch service ,  he really is a stand up guy , and a very big asset to the hobby, and the hobby is better to have him a part of it.

And my last order that I placed,  I ordered I think five or six bottles, one of them I ordered the color in a 1oz bottle,  and you know what he did, he sent me a 2 oz bottle for the price of the 1oz bottle.   As a customer, I stand behind him 100%

With you there.  He mixed up the Tomcyzk Audi colors so I could do the DTM version of his car.  When I queried about thinner gassing out of some paints, he sent me a free thinner bottle, even though I said I would buy it.  I like the latest bottles that have a more positive capping.

Edited by Exotics_Builder

My apologies for the horrible service the last two months, it seems like anything that could go wrong, did. This is the last week for my paint shop job, all the snail mail sale orders are shipping today (12/15), and I should be catching up on all of the internet orders this weekend. If you need a custom color, or have already emailed me about one, those should be getting worked on early next week. Also, I will soon be working on the website, so look for some changes and new products there. 

Watch out!   "Normal" is overrated...   :P

Seriously, I'm glad to hear that you are going forward with the business.  I have done two orders, one through the outlet shop, and one through the regular site.  I was very happy with both orders, although the second one did take a bit of time to ship.  I will be ordering again, as soon as I get my hands on a couple of the new Moebius Pontiacs and can decide which colors I am going to paint them.  Keep up the good work.

BTW. When I am painting, I always have a bit leftover, but I never know how much I am going to have until I am done.  I keep a few H.O. slot car bodies handy to use up the extra paint.  It's always fun to show up on T'Jet night with correct factory colors on my cars!

My order from Dec. 5 or 6 arrived either Friday or Saturday- not sure as I didn't check the mail. 

Good thing I did. We had a couple of very cold nights, and I shudder to think what might have happened to the paint. 

Colors looks great, I'll look forward to doing some painting. 

Charlie Larkin

My order from Dec. 5 or 6 arrived either Friday or Saturday- not sure as I didn't check the mail. 

Good thing I did. We had a couple of very cold nights, and I shudder to think what might have happened to the paint. 

Colors looks great, I'll look forward to doing some painting. 

Charlie Larkin

Let them warm up for a day or two, they should be fine. I had ordered paint from Jameston last year when it was negative temps and they were fine a couple days later

Let them warm up for a day or two, they should be fine. I had ordered paint from Jameston last year when it was negative temps and they were fine a couple days later

They're liquid, so that's a good start. 

Won't be using them for a bit, so that shouldn't be too much of a problem.

Charlie Larkin