Model Cars Magazine Forum

'54 Chevy late '50s/early '60s Full Custom

traditional

I've just completed this traditional full custom '54 Chevy from a derelict stock diecast (missing some parts) to which I've chopped the top ,added custom headlight and taillight detail, changed the side trim, modified and detailed the six cylinder motor, added a custom roll-n-pleat interior, carpeted the interior and trunk with white felt, added custom exhaust, and used a bunch of period custom touches throughout the body. The project has taken well over 100 hours to complete and while I'm sure i'll be fiddling with lots of details for the next few days, I consider it complete at this point.

Materials used include styrene, tin, aluminum, brass, plated jewelry wire, felt, bondo, polycarbonate, and, of course, the original diecast and plastic. etc. 

PC120742.JPG

PC120743.JPG

PC120746.JPG

PC120750.JPG

PC120751.JPG

PC120754.JPG

PB230666.JPG

PB260689.JPG

PB270692.JPG

PC100737.JPG

Beautiful fer sure.  I like it very much.  I did something similar with two 53 Fords.  Although I didn't channel them, on one I did chop the top and used 56 Packard tail lights on both of them.  What color is your custom?  I want to do a Chevy now.  Probably a 56 with the Packard lights on it also.  I see that yours is also a diecast and you did a wonderful job working on it.  Congrats.  :)  Dan

• 4 weeks later...