Model Cars Magazine Forum

BJ & The Bear KW

Two years and three days from the time I started this truck until finished. I had not built a Semi model in over 33 years. Add a move from Washington state to Montana - I am very happy to add this to the finished shelf. 

The rear mudflaps are hiding from me at the moment.  I know I just saw them a week or so ago.

Thanks for looking and I hope this truck brings back the fun memories of watching the TV show.

Wow - I am overwhelm by the reply's and comments.  Thank you all :D

This truck was more then I should of bitten off for my reintroduction back to Big Rigs.   I had built one at the age of 17 and it did not look no near like this one - but I know it was still my favorite.

If I was to build this again I would go with with Modeltruckin  decals.  I could not match the gold stripping width and color on the decals for anything. That is why I left the stripe off between the upper colors.

Jim - you missed out , how could anyone not have seen the Landers sisters :wub:

Edited by Old Buckaroo

If I was to build this again I would go with with Modeltruckin  decals.  I could not match the gold stripping width and color on the decals for anything. That is why I left the stripe off between the upper colors.

I didn't even realize that you had left off the stripe. I had to go back and look at the photos to see that small stripe. I did notice that many of the 1:1 copies leave that stripe off as well. Stripe or no stripe, it's still the best BJ McKay model that I've ever seen.