Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chevy Rat Rod.

signmike

I wanted to do a Rat Rod for a long time, and I wanted it radical. I found this on the web and used it as an inspiration to build this...

The engine, transfer case and motor mount were scrachtbuiled. It was my first time doing a rusted body... I left side tires from a sprint car for the rear with top fuel dragster rear wheels. 

I added some steel flames welded on the body and cutted the front end into flames to. I fabricated some seats with the flame pattern on the top

39 Chevy Rat Rod (49).JPG

39 Chevy Rat Rod (47).JPG

39 Chevy Rat Rod (44).JPG

39 Chevy Rat Rod (46).JPG

39 Chevy Rat Rod (52).JPG

39 Chevy Rat Rod (53).JPG

39 Chevy Rat Rod (56).JPG

The engine was imagined using an old fighter plane as a reference. The scale of that engine was too small for my Rod so I built one. Go check on my Fotki, I'll upload the pics of the construction.

The engine as no scale, I just measure the with of the body and ballpark the size, as it is a fantasy car I did'nt mind not being precese. I put here the ref pic from the web I used during the built

http://public.fotki.com/signmike/hot-rods--customs/39-chevy-rat-rod/

The flammes were cut out from a 10mils styrene sheet and cemented to the body, When dried I sanded them down a little, they were a bit thick the the primer sealed the edges before paint

10410437_779244695453168_4979709970454453642_n.jpg

Edited by signmike