Model Cars Magazine Forum

B.R.B.O Needle Nose Pete updated 9/3/16

Terry, Clayton....those pics are just sick. 

Gino, good you're doing this now.  This forum needs a needle nose real bad.  :D  That's just a killer look.

Gino, I don't understand how you made the hood narrower up front for the needle grill.  Maybe I missed something.  Good work with the grill!

Good stuff here.

Michael

thanks for the kind comments Michael !      here is a link to tim's excellent tutorial he, explains it better than I can.

scroll down to near the bottom.

Hoods, cabs and such.url

Hey, that's a good chop, right there.....Great idea to use those fenders.....I'm really liking this one.....

And that IS a nice looking Pete there, Clayton.....

Hey, that's a good chop, right there.....Great idea to use those fenders.....I'm really liking this one.....

And that IS a nice looking Pete there, Clayton.....

X ' s 2  I am liking what I see here.

Be Well

Gator

did some work on the hood. worked on sanding the inside of the fender edges and added the rear fender extensions , almost there.

started work on the frame by cutting for the stretch. I added a piece of frame 3.5 inches. total length of frame is now 14.5 inches.

after the frame is dry will start on mounting the cab and hood. I may drop the cab right down on the frame, will see how it goes.

thanks for the kind words guys !

made some progress the past couple days, mounted the interior tub to the frame rails thus dropping the cab down onto the frame.

also lowered the front axle by cutting the blocks off the front springs and notching the axle.

next up was trying to figure out how to make the hood tilt . after a lot of thinking I came up with an idea. here I modified the front of the frame and found some hinges in the parts box

and came up with a way for it to tilt.

I lowered the rears by notching out the rear springs and rear diffs to make it sit level, a lot of trial and error here but ok now.

here is the mockup, got it sittin on it's wheels     long and low

thanks for the kind words guys !

rich, I added 3.5 inches to the frame. it's now like 14.5 inches long making it the longest I've done so far.

one would have to take a taxi cab to go to the back to unhook the trailer,    lol !

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Gino, the choice of the needle nose is fantastic, there is something so cool about any Pete with a narrow grill. Really liking the seriously custom mods you are working into this build. Looking forward to seeing how this shakes out. Good job.