Model Cars Magazine Forum

Auslowe Model Accessories

Auslowe lists some really great stuff on their website that is not readily available from other sources. I have purchased some of their products before from Spaulding Trading and Shipping, but I had always been hesitant about ordering directly from Auslowe themselves because they are half way around the world. I thought that maybe others felt the same way that I did, so I thought that I would share my experience.

Well I finally placed an order with them. Fifteen days after the order, my stuff was shipped, and they arrived safely at my house ten days later. Auslowe sent emails confirming my order and confirming that my order was shipped. I was very pleased with both the product and the service and plan to purchase many other items from them in the future. I would highly recommend them.

Sounds reliable, but did they say why it took 15 days to get the order put in the mail? Was there a problem with available stock or is that the norm for them? Just curious.

I have dealt with many supplier that have similar processing time, so the 15 days didn't concern me. With that being said, I have also dealt with suppliers on this forum who were incredibly fast on delivery. I have ordered from KJ on Friday and had my parts by Tuesday.

Well 15 days isn't that bad as the parts are comming from half a World away down under...they are located in Australia.
I have ordered from them a couple of times and I recived the parts in very reasonable time every time so far.

Please re-read the original post. My question was not about the shipping time (10 days) which is understandable coming from Australia. Rather I was curious as to why it took them 15 days to put them in the mail to begin with. I'm not bashing Auslowe, I was just curious as to whether that's an isolated occurrence or the norm for them.

Edited by Mike77

I have been dealing with Auslowe for a number of years and made my first purchase back in 2000. Auslowe are a great company to deal with and it is run by Nigel and Renee Lowe. They are great people to deal with and are very helpful. They have a Facebook page also and any questions asked or messages sent are often replied to very quickly. The main reason why it may have taken 15 days to get your order completed and to be shipped is that they may have had to cast some of the parts that you ordered. Not every item they have is in stock all the time. Some parts are cast to order. I live about 2 hours drive from their shop and I have had the same thing happen to me. If they get swamped with orders which believe me they do, it can take a while for them to complete orders. Its no big deal. They are not going to run off with peoples money. There were a few people that bad mouthed them via Facebook last year and they nearly considered giving up. This is their business and their livelihood so people may need to be patient at times. Like I said a great company to deal with and great people as well.

Edited by Diesel Jockey
  • Like 1