Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rotator Wrecker Kits?

I have one each of the RoG Can-Do and Will-Do and the only difference is the decals, and I hope they will reissue them again, and more of their old truck kits soon...the prices on ebay on the RoG truck and trailer kits are a bit steep.

Edited by Force

A little bird has produced the rumor that there are some all new wrecker kits coming! This is all I know on this at this time. Once I find out more I will let y'all know.

That is great news, let's hope it progresses beyond the rumor stage. It would be nice to see some modern wrecker kits (light, medium or heavy duty!) and a flatbed option!

That is great news, let's hope it progresses beyond the rumor stage. It would be nice to see some modern wrecker kits (light, medium or heavy duty!) and a flatbed option!

Yeah, I agree 100% on all four. I would love to see some modern equipment and I have a fleet of duallys needing beds! :lol:

What would actually be cool, if they would reissue it with the Can-Do decals.

That would be nice, but the truck was incorrect for the true Can Do. At least they also brought out the snap Petes and KWs with the correct engine for Can Do, so correcting that isn't as much of a problem now. :)

The Stepp's Towing Services Can-Do is a 379 119 and the kit is the older 359 so it will not be completely correct even if you cange the engine to a Cat 3406 and make it a ATAAC.
So as long as we don't get a correct 379 they can make what decals they want for future releases.

Yes, I know that there is more than just the engine that is incorrect for Can Do, and also depending on which version of Can Do also, because Stepp's has rebuilt the truck entirely. The entire kit would be incorrect for the new rebuild with the exception of the main pieces of the wrecker bed and rotator, and even the bed would have to be modified for the new underlift. 

3597117061_94c7413314_zps9f29ac57.jpg

Edited by highway

• 2 weeks later...

wasn't there a 1/48 scale wrecker too

Close, AMT did a 1/43 scale Peterbilt in the 70s similar to the 1/25 scale kit they had. It wasn't a rotator though, if I remember correctly it may have been a Holmes 750 unit on it. I'm sure there are probably other in the model railroad world, 1/48 is "O" gauge, and I have these two, the big wrecker is "HO" gauge and the Ford is "N" gauge. 

Close, AMT did a 1/43 scale Peterbilt in the 70s similar to the 1/25 scale kit they had. It wasn't a rotator though, if I remember correctly it may have been a Holmes 750 unit on it. I'm sure there are probably other in the model railroad world, 1/48 is "O" gauge, and I have these two, the big wrecker is "HO" gauge and the Ford is "N" gauge. 

HPIM1507.jpg

HPIM1742.jpg

The 1/43rd Peterbilt did have the Holmes 750 wrecker bed, nicely done but sure would have been nice to have it in 1/25. 

That little Ford wrecker looks like a shrunken version of the recent Revell GMC kit!