Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

SPRING NATIONALS THIS WEEKEND!!!!!

Danno

GoodGuys 7th Annual SPRING NATIONALS Model Car and Pedal Car Contest

Arizona's Best and Longest-Running Model Car Contest!

• Friday, March 4, 2016 - 8am to 5pm
  • Saturday, March 5, 2016 - 8am to 5pm
  • Sunday, March 6, 2016 - 8am to 3pm

No Registration Fee for Entering the Model Car / Pedal Car Contest!

NNL-Style Peoples' Choice Balloting for All Awards - Entrants, Participants, and Spectators Vote for the Top 12 + Peoples' Choice Awards

Best of Show and Best Junior Awards

Free Admission to Entire Event on Sunday for all Model Car / Pedal Car Entrants

Free Admission to Entire Event 2 Days if 10 or More Models are Entered *

* Contact Show Director Dan Baker prior to Paying Admission at Gate; goodazguy@cox.net or 480-540-3608 on Registration Day.

Free Make-N-Take for Children Under 12 on Saturday (1 pm) and Sunday (11 am) - Sponsored by Revell

Hundreds of Top-Quality Entries - Thousands of Spectators - Nearly 3,000 1:1 Scale Hot Rods, Customs, Muscle Cars, Collector Cars on Display

> > > Arizona's Premier Event for Car-Guys and Car-Guyettes! < < < 

WestWorld of Scottsdale
16601 North Pima Road, Scottsdale, AZ 85260

Went out bright and early this morning to the Good Guys Spring Nationals. This is a great event with plenty to take in. The local Cactus Car Modelers are hosting the model exhibit which offered a large array of well built examples, ranging from street, truck, public service and Mad Max style of vehicles. The club members warmly greeted this Snow Bird Canuck and invited me to their upcoming meeting. 

There was the usual swap and sale area and an amazing array of rods to take in, a motor cross event, in fact too much to take in in one day, especially with the temp in the high 80s! I would recommend going to it on the Saturday or Sunday, as there were still many cars still arriving as I left WestWorld.

Cheers Misha

image.thumb.jpeg.7b6d417a931ef51142ca98c

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Misha
spelling errors

Thanks for stopping by, Misha!   Sorry I missed you, but the guys said they got a chance to visit with you and really enjoyed meeting you!  

We get a bunch of really top notch models - - about 200 this time; sometimes a little more, sometimes a little less.  But the important thing is . . . everybody has a great time!  

And, thanks for your kind words.  Those are great pix.

~Danno

I totally forgot about this! I was out there Friday afternoon, but in Goodyear. There's a few things, just in that 1 pic of the 1:1 swap meet I could have picked up. Those Edelbrock aluminum heads, well, the glimspe of the end of one, i wouldnt have mind checking out since theyre for a small block Chevy. The intake directly in the middle of the pic is a Performer RPM, for a small block, that wouldve been snatch up without question. Man, I'm kickin myself for checking this section, I would've stopped by for sure.

Edited by Petetrucker07